The Most Effective Results Based Safety Improvement
HERE ARE SOME TYPICAL RESULTS OF WORLD CLASS
- Dramatic changes in the safety culture at
your mine (from top to bottom).
- Tremendous increase in safety awareness
throughout the organization.
- Results based accountability for safe work
- Reduced accidents.
- Lower workmen compensation costs.
- Reduced MSHA & State violations.
0 is not impossible
WHY DO MOST SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT
PROGRAMS NOT WORK?
- Because they are just that -- PROGRAMS....
and Programs tend to lose their energy and
- Most of these programs place their emphasis
on the process -- not the results and only
results can sustain an improvement system.
- They fail to become the way your company
does business -- they exist as an external
WHAT IS WCS?
WCS is a three phase system that cannot fail to
improve safety performance.
ONE: The Safety Assessment Phase
- Introduction to WORLD CLASS SAFETY -- WHAT
IS IT? WHO CAN ACHIEVE IT? HOW IS IT ACHIEVED?
- Determination of the status and
effectiveness of your safety practices.
- What is the "Safety Temperature" of your
mine? This survey includes input from your
entire management team and work force. You can
compare your results to our extensive database
in the mining industry.
- Specific safety concerns and issues are
identified throughout the organization.
- Targeted safety training classes are
- Initial safety goals are developed.
TWO: The Implementation Phase
- Development of actions to eliminate safety
concerns and issues identified in Phase One.
- Specific accountability time frames and
measures are established.
- Your management team and work force are
mobilized in a campaign to accomplish their
- The specifics of this campaign are captured
in an extensive report that is distributed to
all employees at the mine. This is the "book"
that your mine team has written outlining how
they will achieve World Class Safety status.
THREE: The Accountability Phase
- This is a serious of ten monthly
"checkpoints" in your quest to achieve World
- The WCS status report card -- Did we do what
we said we would do? Did we achieve our WCS
- Development of the WCS plan for the next
- WORLD CLASS SAFETY becomes the way your
company, your management team and your work
force does business.
WHY DOES WCS WORK?
- Because it mobilizes your entire management
team and work force to develop a world-class
safety attitude and culture at your mine.
- It establishes responsibility and
accountability for safe work practices at all
levels of your company.
- It uses mining industry proven techniques to
identify mine specific problems, issues and
practices that negatively affect safety
- It includes targeted training in key safety
- It develops key indicators and measures that
become stepping stones to the attainment of
world class status.
- It was developed by, and is implemented by
mining people -- not theorists.